Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Finding Joy in Every Situation

Well this Monday has been an interesting Monday. Usually I would say it hasn't been that great of a day, but Jesus has just allowed me to not be upset and find the positive in every situation. He is helping me not worry. So here's a synopsis of my day:

I went to the free doctor on campus to find out that I most likely have a patellar strain (from when I hurt my knee on the retreat), but at least now I know how to care for it and it should heal in two weeks. If I never learned that I would make things worse. Then I had to walk all the way to class only to find out after sitting there for 20 minutes that it got cancelled, but within that 20 minutes I was able to practice the piano for the quiz on Wednesday, which I had previously not gotten to do. Leaving early gave me time to head back to my dorm and ice my knee. It also gave me time to relax. Plus I had no class! Then I ended up late to my next class, but at least I wasn't counted absent in the end (at least I don't think), and then I was able to get everything I needed for my study guide. I wasn't the latest late person either. Then it started raining, but at least I had an umbrella and didn't get as wet as the last time it was diagonally raining. When I got back to my dorm, my roommate and I decided to go to Walmart. Once we were leaving Walmart and were in the parking lot, her car wouldn't start, but at least someone was nice enough to jump her car battery so that we could get back to campus. We weren't stranded there for two hours either. And then now I have a ton of studying to do, but at least I have time to study and didn't forget that I have tests this week and walk into class unprepared. Also the day before I lost my study guide, but I was able to print out another one and copy all the answers I had already done from someone else that I had helped the day before.

Overall I can say that I had a nice day regardless of all the unpleasant things that happened. Jesus has just given me joy throughout every situation without worrying. I hope you can find joy in everything. Some people call it optimism, but it's really Jesus giving you joy and showing you everything that is still good.

No comments:

Post a Comment