Thursday, September 5, 2013

My Crazy Rebellious Trip

Tonight the campus ministry hosted a fun laser tag at the small mall event. My roommate and I decided to go and have some fun. Also I don't have any Friday classes, so I didn't mind going (I was looking forward to it all week long). We gathered at the campus ministry house and played a couple of games before we decided to head out.

Once we got to the arcade with the laser tag there, We were split into 4 groups of 6. My group went in first and I officially got the worst score in the history of scores: I was hit 49 times, I hit 5 opponents, I fired 510 shots, and my accuracy percentage was *drum roll please* 0%. I got on the top 5 list though! I was in 4th place with a score of 0! That was officially the worst score I had ever gotten.

Then my group decided to wander around the empty mall that the arcade was in, and had a good time. We sat around the water fountain admiring the coins people had tossed into it, joking about taking the quarters to do our laundry. In spontaneity, someone recommended that we all head out to the big cross and hang out. I didn't know what that was, and neither did my roommate, but we decided to tag along.





We started follow someone who did (and ended up getting lost after making a wrong turn, but we made it anyways). We got there at about 9 o'clock and all met. There were 12 of us total and we saw a big outline of a cross made out of metal. You could walk to the inside and read different things they had written on there such as miracles Jesus did and a prayer. One thing that scared me at first was that if you talked while standing in the inside of the cross it echoed really loudly. My roommate, suite-mate and I decided to go check something out near a darker area with a lot of rocks nearby and ended up seeing a table with a sign that said "Free God Stuff". Once we reached the rocks we realized they had writing on them. People had written prayers to Jesus and placed them in an area, much like the prayer wall in Israel. We found sharpies on the tables to write and went around finding rocks. By then we told the other 9 people that were with us about it and everyone was searching for rocks and writing on them. It was a great time of reflection. The place also had speaker rocks, so there was worship music to set the mood. It was amazing reading what all of these other people had written and seeing people thank God for everything they had. It was awesome. Afterwards we all gathered around and sang "Lord prepare me to be a sanctuary..." and prayed. Then we headed back to campus in our cars, and my roommate, another person and I got Sonic drinks. It was a really amazing night and I'm so glad I got to go.







Tomorrow there's going to be a color bonanza on campus as well as Shine going on a retreat, so I will have lots to blog about within two days! Have a blessed day and enjoy living graciously!

No comments:

Post a Comment