Saturday, September 7, 2013

Shine Retreat

This Friday and Saturday, I had the privilege of going to Camp Sequoia with the Shine crew. Beforehand though, I enjoyed going to my campus's color bonanza and getting messy and having fun. I seriously needed a shower before I had to pack for the retreat too!
The retreat was pretty awesome to say the least. When we arrived, we were fed by generous people and got to go to the river and swim. Now at first I was kind of afraid to go into the river even though I absolutely love swimming. I didn't want to get in by the rope swing, so I climbed down by the little ladder they had available. I was afraid there would be fish that would freak me out or that there would be a snapping turtle (which we are sure we saw at least once). I got more comfortable as we were in the river and talking and laughing. Then someone decided to go to the other side of the river, so we all followed. The first two girls that got over started screaming and struggling to get out. It turns out there was some type of twiggy, squishy, mossy, smelly stuff that you had to walk on to get over. By the time I got over my feet were wedged into that gross stuff and someone had to pull me out of it. By the time I got out the others were free climbing, so I just chilled at the bottom and realized I had to get back across, so I fell in and doggy paddles across.

Once I got to shower off, we ate dinner and then started practicing for worship. We went over to an area right near the river and had service. As I was walking over,, I stepped on a huge rock and really hurt my knee. As of now I bought a brace from the store, but I know it will be healed. The girls prayed for it, so I'm just giving it time to heal. The service was the most amazing part. God just touched so many people's hearts and there was a domino effect when it came to crying. People started sharing whatever was on their hearts, and then we went back up for worship. We just sang whatever we felt like. We went on for quite a while with singing "How He Loves" and the spirit just continued to move. After our long night of reflection and worship, we talked for hours. Some more than others. I think I went to bed around 1:30 or 2, but I'm not fully sure. On Saturday we ate an amazing breakfast of pancakes, eggs, bacon, and all kinds of drinks like orange juice, milk, and coffee. We had a quicker morning devotional and then relaxed at the river. I sat on a patio chair and relaxed while watching others. I talked to a couple of people once they got back from exploring the river and the cliff. We ate lunch, played sports (except for me because of my knee, but I had a really great conversation with one of the girls) and then packed to head back.

I believe that Jesus set a fire in our hearts on Friday night, and we've got a fire that's going to ignite our campus. Watch out everyone! Have a blessed day and remember you're living in grace! 

No comments:

Post a Comment