Saturday, September 28, 2013

God Belongs In My City - San Antonio

I had the privilege of getting to go to my hometown today to participate in the God Belongs In My City walk.  Everyone walks from Milam park to the Alamo and prays for revival and inviting God to be in their city. A group of 8 of us all together from Schreiner went. We got to walk downtown and pray for revival in San Antonio with hundreds of other believers. There were plenty of people on the sides of the street that we got to minister too as well, especially once we got to the Alamo. Once we got to the Alamo, we worshiped God together and then started praying for different things- revival in middle schools, high schools, and college campuses. We prayed for the mayor, the president, the military and other people serving such as fire fighters and police. Then we all laid hands on a nearby pastor or youth pastor. When I touched one pastor, I could feel the presence of Jesus so strongly in Him and I know that God is working with him in a great way. It blessed me to get to pray for him. Lastly, we prayed for revival in San Antonio overall. In the midst of praying, it started raining a bit, but then soon stopped, so no one was seriously wet, but refreshed. I didn't mind it raining on me, because it was 90 something degrees today.



 When the event was over and everyone was dispersing, I felt God tugging on my heart to pray for this woman and her son. I told my friends to wait a moment and went over. I said "Hi, can I just pray for you? I feel God putting you two on my heart" and the woman said "Sure I would love that". I help hands with her and her young son and prayed for them. Afterwards we hugged and shook hands with the little boy. It felt so good to listen to what God told me to do, and I physically felt so much better afterwards.

It was such a blessing to be able to be in my hometown on my knees at the ground of the Alamo and pray for the city. It was great to see God's people praying, worshiping, and ministering to others. Can't wait for next year :)

2 comments:

  1. the Bible says that obedience is better than sacrifice its always good to do the will of God

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I never got that verse until I just looked it up and realized it was an old testament verse. It's like it's better to obey God than to disobey and then have to sacrifice the animal.

      Delete